Blossom Beauty Privacy Notice
The following privacy notice outlines how Blossom Beauty collects, uses, protects and transfers your personal data.
The data protection officer/data owner for the organisation is Amy Ramage. You can contact the data protection officer/data owner by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to
5 Beaufort Road,
Personal data collected
The personal data that we collect is:
- Home address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Health information
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
Blossom Beauty takes your privacy seriously and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products, services and treatments and to fulfil our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where we request sensitive personal data from you (i.e. health or medical data), the reason(s) for the request will be clearly given along with the purposes of the processing. Explicit consent through a
signature will always be required for us to obtain and process your health information.
Who is processing my data?
Blossom Beauty, 5 Beaufort Road, Edinburgh EH9 1AG, are the data controller and processes your personal information for the purposes laid out in this privacy notice.
Phorest, Anglesea Mills, 9 Anglesea Row, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07 W5NE, Ireland, acts as data processor on behalf of Blossom Beauty.
Your rights as the individual
If your personal data is held by Blossom Beauty you hold particular rights over it.
Where you have provided consent for us to contact you as part of our marketing services, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option accompanied with
all of our direct marketing or by contacting the Blossom Beauty Data Officer.
You also have the right:
- To be informed of how your personal data will be used before it is collected.
- To access your personal data personal data and to information on how your information is used after it has been gathered.
- To have personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate or outof-date.· To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- To restrict processing, to ‘block’ processing of your personal data.
- To data portability, having your data moved, copied or transferred from Blossom Beauty to another organisation in an easily readable format.
- To object to direct marketing from us.
Process of collection
Your personal data is collected when you provide it to us through Phorest software, our website, over the phone, in Blossom Beauty salons, by email, social media, in writing or any other means by which
you provide it to us. Information is stored using the Phorest software platform as well as some level of paper record keeping.
Blossom Beauty gives you access to information about your account and bookings through Phorest software, for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information.
Your personal data is shared only with Phorest representatives in cases that customer support and troubleshooting is required for the salon.
Blossom Beauty do not share your personal information with any thirdparty without your prior consent, other than those already disclosed in this privacy notice or as part of our legal obligations under the relevant data protection laws.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Blossom Beauty retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. If there has been nocontact with you for more than 12 months we will remove you from
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal data from access from unauthorised persons or inappropriate access, internal or external. Your connection to the Phorest system uses a HTTP Secure
communication protocol and TLS security. This means all information passed to the Phorest system is encrypted during data input and transfer to the cloud. Any paper files recording your personal data are
held in a locked filing cabinet or safe which can only be accessed by authorised personnel in the salon. Employees are only assigned specific access rights and can only access the salon software with the PIN number assigned to them by the management of the salon.
BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancelling or rescheduling within 48 hours of the appointment will be charged at 25% of the total booking cost.
- Cancelling, rescheduling or a "no show" on the day of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the total booking cost.
VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Vouchers are valid for a 6 months from purchase. The gift voucher expiration date will be stated on them and can not be used after that date.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
- If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with a credit card payment. If it is less, then change can not be given.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any special promotions, discount tokens, coupons or cards.
- Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Vouchers by you to a third party.
VOUCHER CANCELLATION AND REFUND PROCEDURE
The purchaser of the voucher is entitled to a 14-day 'cooling off' period provided the gift voucher is returned unused and with the original receipt within 14 days of purchase, after which a full refund will be made. If you need to return a gift voucher please contact us via email